Thank you to Delilah for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I enjoy reading Delilah’s blog, if you haven’t seen it already, I’d highly recommend heading over there now! I have only been following Delilah’s story for a short time now, but she is a pleasure to talk to. 🙂
Anyway onto the award.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
Here are my answers to Delilah’s questions:
1. Tell me something that I don’t already know about you.
Ahh jeez, tough first question!! Erm… I’m struggling to think of anything interesting here! Normally if someone asked me that I might tell them that I have a blog or that I occasionally write a little poetry, but you know that already… I guess one of the things that I haven’t really spoken about much on my blog is my love of sport. A few years ago now, I was part of a rugby squad that reached the U17 National Cup Semi-Final stage, unfortunately we lost, but playing rugby and being part of that team was one of my most enjoyable experiences. I actually wrote a poem about that day, if you’d like to read it, I’ve attached a link. 🙂
2. What do you consider your biggest achievement so far?
Wow another toughie!! I don’t know. I haven’t done anything spectacular. I have never climbed a mountain or run a marathon or anything like that. So I guess for me, my greatest achievement is just getting through the really hard days. You know the ones.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I have only ever lived in my current home. Well actually, that’s not true. We moved here when I was 1, so I have no memory of the other place. Where would I live if I could live anywhere in the world? I guess I’d love to try living in another country, it’d be great to compare here and there. I’ve got this current fixation on Spain, and Barcelona in particular, so I’d love to live there one day!
4. What made you start blogging?
I started blogging 2 years ago now. It was first suggested to me by a friend who thought that it’d be a good outlet for me to express what I was going through. How right she was!
5. Who would you say is your greatest influence or idol?
Haha this will probably sound very cliché, but it has to be you guys. Your courage, strength and honesty have really inspired me in my battles with stress, anxiety and depression.
6. What is your favourite movie and why?
There’s so many great films, I don’t think that I could pick just one! Some of my favourites include Batman Begins, Inception, and The Shawshank Redemption (a little obvious, I know, but it really is amazing!). Why? Not sure really, I guess one of the first things I look for in a film is the cast. I love a good storyline as well. I think that’s the most important part. I’m not too fussed by how it looks.
7. What cheers you up when you’re having a bad day?
A message from a friend. Something that makes me remember why I get up in the morning. A goal to strive for.
8. Why did you choose this name for your blog?
Originally my blog was called The Pebble In My Shoe, but earlier this year I decided to change it. I wanted something that better reflected what my writing was about. It is a constant reminder to me to speak out about the issues I face. I hope that it can encourage you too. In silence we suffer.
9. What three words do you think best describe you?
Resilient. Dependable. Curious.
10. What do you like to do most in your spare time?
I have a lot of spare time these days! When I’m not at work, I tend to spend my time out on a run, or in the gym, maybe reading my book, or writing a little, and perhaps preparing and cooking dinner. Oh and watching sport on the tv too of course!!
11. Lastly… which do you prefer tea or coffee?
Ahh a nice easy one to finish on! 🙂 Tea all day long! I don’t drink either regularly, but the last few times I’ve had coffee (and I’m talking about at something like 2 in the afternoon) I am still wide-awake at 3 the following morning. Through my powers of deduction I believe that this is caused by the coffee (it’s the only constant between those days that I can think of) but I’m not willing to further this investigation, as I don’t fancy any more sleepless nights!!
The blogs I nominate:
- Lost to the dark
- A different state of mind
- In Becky’s Head
- The Wishing Well
- My Pretty Little Stethoscope
- The Bag of Nerves Lady
- I Don’t Know…
- Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
- Do your friends and family know that you blog?
- What are you most passionate about?
- Do you have a favourite post that you have written? If so please feel free to link, I’d love to read it!
- What was your favourite subject at school? Do you still like it now?
- When you were a kid, what was it that you most wanted to be when you grew up?
- What is your favourite dish to cook?
- Who are you closest to?
- What quality do you most appreciate in yourself?
- Do you have a favourite quote?
- If you could go back in time for a week, and witness an event for the first time or relive a memory just as it was, where and when would you go?
Thank you for reading such a long post! These awards are a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers better, and they’re always enjoyable to do. I hope you feel the same. I know that some of you have recently done this award, so don’t feel like you have to do it again! I look forward to your replies!
Have a great day! 🙂