A big thank you to Kristina for nominating me for this award. It was a joy to partake in, she asked some fantastic questions. If you haven’t already, I’d highly recommend that you check out her blog!
Anyway here are the rules:
- Thank your nominator.
- Share the award on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions.
- Ask 10 questions to your nominees.
- Notify your nominees.
Here are the questions and answers:
- About how much time do you spend per week reading blogs?
Oh well I probably check WordPress nearly everyday, so probably a good few hours over the course of a whole week!
2. What inspired you to start blogging? What inspires you to keep blogging?
Well, I started blogging on the recommendation of a friend. At that point in time, I was writing a little bit of poetry and she thought it would be a good way for me to express my thoughts. I gave it a go, and was instantly hooked. What inspires me to keep blogging? Hmm that’s a very good question! I guess it’s because I’ve made a commitment to myself and to everyone I have found on here. As long as people keep reading then I shall keep writing! 🙂
3. If you could go anywhere in the world for any amount of time, where would you go?
Argh this is such a tricky question!! Hmmm…. I would really love to go to Barcelona some day soon. I’ve never been, but I’ve heard it’s a wonderful city. Plus the football’s pretty good there too!! 😉
4. If you were a crayon what colour would you be and why?
Red. I don’t know why, but it was the first colour that came to mind. I’m wearing a red top as I write this too!
5. What is your biggest struggle as a writer/poet/blogger?
That is such a fantastic question! I guess it would be wanting to write too much. I find it all too easy to write a whole essay, so I’m really trying to keep my posts short and to the point at the moment. It’s much easier for you guys to read!
6. What writing element are you most proud of as a writer/poet/blogger?
Sorry I don’t really understand the question.
7. What is your strongest incentive as a writer/poet/blogger?
My strongest incentive is to share the lessons that I have learned and to encourage others to share their wisdom too. Whether these are lessons about illness or life in general, we all have a story to share and blogging has been a wonderful platform for me to share mine.
8. Who is your favourite author/poet and why?
I haven’t really read many fiction books recently, but one author that stands out is J. K. Rowling. Even if you forget about the Harry Potter series, I think that she has written some fantastic books. I especially like her Cormoran Strike detective series, that she pens under the name Robert Galbraith. I’d really recommend it!
9. If you could go back in time and meet anyone, who would it be and why?
That’s a tricky question!! So many amazing people have graced this planet. I’m really into my sport and I am reading a book about boxing at the moment, so perhaps go back and meet Muhammad Ali in the late 1960s. He seems to be fondly remembered throughout western society in spite of the fact that he hit people for a living. That must tell you something about the character of the man. He had a beautiful way with words too, it’s a shame illness has robbed him of his greatest gift.
10. Is there anything that you have written, but are too scared to share it? Why?
No, I don’t think so. I tend to be very open and honest on my blog. I believe secrecy is something to avoid.
Once again I have decided not to nominate anyone today, but thank you so much for reading. I hope you all have a lovely day!