A big thank you to The Wishing Well for nominating me for the Liebster Award last week! They’re are some great questions and it was a joy to partake!
Here are the rules:
- Thank your nominator and tag them in your post(s).
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 blogs with less than 1000 followers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions and let them know on social media.
So here are the 11 questions I was asked, along with my answers.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a professional sportsman. When I was a kid I absolutely loved football so I’d probably have to go for that one.
2. What is the first thing that you do when you wake up and start your day?
Usually after having a shower, I make myself a nice big bowl of porridge. Add some nuts and raisins and then eat it whilst watching the tv.
3. If you were an animal, what kind would you be and why?
In the past I have been called wise and likened to an owl. I don’t know why.
4. If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Argh there’s so many great places I’d love to visit. I’m not sure I could choose just one. But maybe back to Barbados. I went two years ago on a cricket tour with my school and I had the best time ever!
5. If you could try a job for a day, what would you like to try?
Ooh good question! erm, I’ll go for being a professional sportsman. Any sport. I’m that desperate!
6. What inspires you?
Anyone who has overcome their own challenges to create something of themselves that they can be pleased with inspires me.
7. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I used to think it would be pretty cool to be able to go invisible. Imagine what we could all get up to! But nowadays, I tend to think it is much cooler to be able to see things from someone else’s point of view. So my superpower would have to be something that made me more open and more empathetic.
8. Best advice anyone has ever given you?
To fly so high and fall, is surely better than to have never flown at all. Whilst they didn’t put it quite as poetically as that, their words had the same meaning.
9. What is the one thing that you cannot do without?
This will sound like a cliché answer, but my friends and family. I was so worried that I’d lose them when my friends went off to uni and I didn’t. But I haven’t, and I’m so happy about that. I know that they’re all still there, a phone call away.
10. What did you last laugh about?
When I heard that they tried to play a rugby match at school even though there was a puddle on the pitch. So to avoid anyone drowning in the puddle they cordoned it off with some flags, which meant there was a big ‘no-go’ zone in the middle of the pitch!
11. If you could give all world leaders a book (assuming that they would read it), what book would you give them?
That’s a really tough question! Anything that would make them more understanding of other people’s perspective.
I’d like to nominate:
- Lost to the Dark
- Getting Through Anxiety
- Tales in Anxiety
- I Don’t Know
- The Melodramatic Confessions of Carla Louise
- Anxiety in NYC
- The Bag of Nerves Lady
- Whole Milk, No Decaf
- My Pretty Little Stethoscope
- It’s two in the morning
They are all terrific bloggers and the most lovely people. Please take a look at their blogs if you haven’t already!
So here are my 11 questions:
- Tea or coffee?
- Vinyl, CD or iTunes?
- How would you describe your paradise?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- What did you do today?
- If you were to blog about a different topic than the one you already write about, what would it be?
- Do you have a favourite quote?
- How would you spend your perfect weekend?
- What is/was your favourite subject at school?
- What’s the one thing you wish you could write about, but don’t feel comfortable actually writing about?
- Any blogs that you’d recommend a follow?
Thank you for reading, I hope you have a lovely day!