Thanks to Shaun over at Tales In Anxiety for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award, probably about two weeks ago now – sorry for the slow response!
The rules are:
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
These are the questions that I was asked with my answers:
- What’s the one thing you wish you could write about, but don’t feel comfortable actually writing about?
I tend to much more open and expressive on my blog than in the rest of my life. I feel comfortable writing about anything, but I wish I could be more like that in everyday life.
2. If someone gave you a time machine and allowed you to redo high school all over again, would you? And why or why not?
That’s a great question! And I might surprise you with my answer! I actually now work at my old school despite only leaving 18months ago. Weird? I know! I’m glad I’ve gone back. It’s strange, but kinda refreshing to view school from a teacher’s perspective. But in answer to your question, I wouldn’t have liked to have gone back in time and redo it. I made some mistakes and there’s things that I regret, but I wouldn’t be here writing this today if I hadn’t. My life has changed quite a bit since leaving school and I’ve met some wonderful people who have taught me so many important lessons. So in a way, I’m glad things have turned out this way!
3. If you had to pick a theme song to your life, what would it be?
I’m not sure on a theme song to my life, but I’ve often thought about a song that I would walk out to if I happened to be a famous sportsman or something. Old Yellow Bricks by the Arctic Monkeys – I just love that intro!
4. What was your happiest moment of 2015?
There isn’t one particular moment that stands out if I’m honest, but blogging has brought me a lot of joy over the last few months. Reading other peoples stories has been comforting as have their comments on my posts. Thank you!
5. What is the one fashion trend you wish would come back?
Sorry not a great question for me. No idea.
6. What is your earliest memory?
I’m not 100% sure that this is my earliest memory, but it’s one I’m very fond of. My Granddad passed away before I turned five, so I don’t remember him very well. But I have this one memory of him testing me on my maths whilst he drove his car. And whenever I got enough right I’d get a sweet from the tin sitting in between us. I got so quick at my times tables in the end!
7. Would you rather live in the blistering heat at all times, or the frigid cold at all times?
I think I’d have to say the cold, at least that way I can put more layers on to warm up!
8. What would be your ideal date to go on?
Probably something relaxing, maybe a nice walk somewhere, to give us a chance to talk. Followed by a lovely home-cooked meal.
9. What is the funniest thing you have ever seen in person?
I can’t think of anything amazingly funny at the moment I’m afraid.
10. Do you have a favourite post that you have written? If so, which one is it?
If I had to pick one, I’d have to say In Silence We Suffer (click here for a link). After writing it, I shared this post on my Facebook account, enabling all my friends to read it. It was the first time I was properly open with them about how I was feeling. They were not aware that I was suffering from stress, anxiety and depression at the time. It was a hard to decision to share a link to my blog with them, but I’m so glad that I did. The support I received was amazing.
11. If you had to explain why you are awesome to someone else (like me!) in 3 words or less, what would those words be?
Trying to change.
Today I’ve decided to not nominate anyone in particular, but if you are reading this, and you’d like to answer my questions (or just one!) feel free to do so, either on your blog or in the comments section.
So here are my questions:
- As I’ve just changed my blog title (see here) I was wondering, what’s the reason behind yours?
- What are you afraid of?
- What would you do first if you won the lottery?
- Congratulations, you’ve won an all expenses paid trip to a destination of your choice! Where would you go? (hypothetically speaking of course – sorry to disappoint!)
- When you are having a bad day what cheers you up?
- What is/was your favourite subject at school and why?
- Do you have a favourite post that you have written? Please share
- Do you plan on blogging for a long time or is it just temporary?
- Do your friends and family know that you blog?
- If you were to spend week in isolation, but you could have one luxury item, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite radio station?
Anyway, thanks for reading. Hope you all have a great day!