I know that this is a few days late, but with it still being early January I thought I’d share with you some of my New Year’s Resolutions. Here are some of the things that I’d like to achieve this year.
- First of all I’d like to continue to blog. I did not write as often as I’d have liked in 2015. My aim for this year is to write a meaningful, thoughtful and positive post at least once a week. I’d like to write more poetry too, but I don’t want to force myself.
- To not hide from my emotions, but to embrace them, understand them and learn from them. Too often I lock my thoughts away, trying to hide them from view, but sometimes you have to meet the devil in order to learn his name.
- I often allow a bad day to stretch into a bad couple of days, and sometimes even into a bad week. This year I hope to view each and every single day as a singularity, entirely separate from the day that precedes it as well as the one that follows.
- To find more time to reflect constructively on the things going on in my life as well as in my head. I’d like to practice mindfulness. To take some time out, a quiet thirty minutes every day, where I can reboot mentally and emotionally.
- To not live in isolation. There is no reason to be lonely. I have numerous friends who are only a text message away. And so do you. People who care how we feel, and respect our honesty. As they say, a problem shared is a problem halved. I do not want to live in silence, and I encourage you to choose not to either.
As I’m sure you’ve noticed, my goals tend to be based on my mental health. That’s the focus for this year. Towards the end of 2015 I started to make progress in relation to my struggles with anxiety, stress and depression. Blogging has been a great help to me, and I’ve met so many wonderful people who inspire me to keep going when things get tough. Consequently, I’ve learned to shift my attention away from materialistic obsessions, and instead to focus my mind on the well-being of the people in my life including you! I hope this year I can help.
All the best!