Late last week I found out that I had been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Getting Through Anxiety. I have been asked to do similar things before, but have previously struggled to complete them. But this time I thought that I’d give it a go. So thanks for the award!
The rules are:
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
These are the questions that I was asked with my answers:
1. What’s your favourite holiday and why?
At school when I was 18, I spent 10 days in Barbados on a cricket tour. Our hotel was on the beach; the weather was 25-30c; great group of friends. It was paradise.
2. If you could take any book that’s not been made into a movie and make it into one, which book would you choose?
I’ve just finished reading Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe, so perhaps that one. It might have already been made into a film years ago, but not recently.
3. What type of shoes best describes your personality?
I’m always in my trainers as I love playing sport.
4. What’s your best advice for someone struggling with any issue?
Know that you are not alone in your struggles – there’s over 7billion people in the world right now. I’m sure a rather large proportion of us will be able to relate to your issues, so don’t feel like you need to keep it to yourself. In silence we suffer.
5. What’s your favourite genre of music?
6. If you could be a character in the Peanuts cartoon, who would you be?
Not very familiar with the tv show I’m afraid. Only know of Charlie Brown and Snoopy. But can’t really remember it.
7. What’s your favourite tv show of all time?
Used to love watching the Spanish football highlights on Revista de la Liga, though that finished earlier this year.
8. What do you like better? Writing, reading or watching TV?
My favourite by far would be reading – as long as it’s a good book!
9. What’s the first blog you ever followed?
A friend’s blog – Contemplation of an individual mind.
10. What’s the first ever movie you remember seeing?
Possibly The Sword in the Stone by Disney. Though obviously I can’t be certain!
11. If you were granted any three wishes, what would they be?
To be more able to deal with my stress and anxiety.
To learn to speak another language.
To not have to pay for books.
I have decided to nominate:
Whilst I haven’t been following all these blogs for long, I do think they’re terrific. The honesty with which they write is something that we could all learn from! As I’ve said, I haven’t always completed the questions when I’ve been asked before, so no worries if you decide to leave them for later too!
1. Why did you start writing?
2. Do you have a favourite quote?
3. What was the last book you read?
4. If you could go back in time what, if anything, would you do differently?
5. Where is the first place you would go if you went travelling?
6. Who inspires you?
7. If you could have any superpower what would you have?
8. Which animal would you say you are most like?
9. What is your happiest memory?
10. How would you spend your perfect weekend?
11. One bit of advice for your younger self?
Thanks for reading, I hope we can have some fun with this! Hope you’re all well!